So how is SWTOR doing?

When EA Bioware last announced subscription numbers for Star Wars: The Old Republic, there was some suspicion that those numbers were artificially inflated by them just having given out free months to every player having reached legacy level 6. Now they are offering "free server transfers" with a system that reminds many people of a server merge. Of course "free server transfers" sounds a lot better, because "server merge" has come to be considered indicative of a game in trouble.

Green Armadillo writes: "The thing that has surprised me is how aggressive Bioware-Mythic is being. By my count of US servers as of this evening, there are 10 servers that Bioware intends to save (destinations), 23 servers with unknown fates (neither origin nor destination as of yet), and a whopping 90 servers that Bioware appdars to be writing off (origins)."

While all this sounds a bit fishy, it is very hard to get an accurate picture of the health of SWTOR. The blogosphere only offers the usual mix of "the game is fine, because I'm still playing" and "the game is dying, because I stopped playing". And as I have stopped playing, I can't look for myself at the state of the server my characters are on.

So I'd love to hear from you what your impressions on the state of health of Star Wars: The Old Republic are. Is there an active community on your server? Is the auction house brimming with goods? Or is there tumbleweed blowing through the republic / imperial fleet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pocket God Episode 44 walkthrough

Torchlight 2 Armor Tier Pictures for All Classes

Torchlight 2 Engineer Summoner Build Guide